- HiltonThe global leader in hospitality with more than 530 hotels & resorts across six continents.
- WaldorfThe luxury brand offering a unique service experience and the world’s landmark hotels.
- ConradA world of style, service and connection for today’s sophisticated traveler.
- CanopyCanopy is the fresh, neighborhood hotel that delivers a positive stay.
- Curio CollectionA collection of unique hotels appealing to travelers seeking local discovery.
- Double Tree Warm. Comfortable. Smart. The hotel that turns travel into a human experience again.
- Embassy SuitesEnjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and more at our upscale all-suite hotels.
- Hilton Garden InnTreat yourself with amenities that help you work smarter, eat well, sleep deeply and stay fit.
- Hampton InnCount on Hampton to deliver quality, value, consistency and service with a smile.
- Homewood SuitesWhether you’re traveling for a few nights or a few months, you can Make Yourself at Home®.
- Home2 SuitesIntroducing Home2 Suites by Hilton® – an all-suite brand of extended stay hotels.
- Hilton Grand VacationsEnjoy all of the benefits of owning your own vacation home – with none of the hassles.
- Hilton HHonors Worldwide
Call 1-800-HHONORS (+1-800-446-6677) 24 hours a day, 7 days for hotel reservations or any questions you may have. For international telephone numbers, click 'Get Support' below.
Hilton Worldwide, Inc.
Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Technologies
Last Updated: January 2014
This Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Technologies (this "Statement") describes the different types of Cookies and Other Technologies that may be used in connection with the websites owned and controlled by Hilton Worldwide, Inc. ("Hilton," "we," or "us") from which you are accessing this Statement (the "Site"). This Statement also describes how you can manage Cookies and Other Technologies.
We may change this Statement at any time. Please take a look at the "LAST UPDATED" section at the top of this page to see when this Statement was last revised. Any changes in this Statement will become effective when we make the revised Statement available on or through the Site.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22102, USA.
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
- Our Collection and Use of Other Information
- Online and Mobile Advertising
- Managing Cookies and Other Technologies
- Policy Modifications
Like many other websites, our Site may use "Cookies" or "Other Technologies" (such as "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar technologies) to help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the Site, deliver online and mobile ads and content for us and others specific to your interests, process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns.
- Remember your user name and password for future visits so that log-in is easier and faster;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Ensure you obtain all requested information;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use the Site, and how they use it, so that we may keep it running quickly and efficiently; and
- Help us and others deliver communications and content to you that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Below we explain the different types of Cookies that may be used on the Site.
- Required Cookies. Required Cookiesare necessary for the Site to work, and enable you to move around it anduse its services and features. Disabling these Cookieswill encumber the Site's performance, and may make theservices and features unavailable.
- FunctionalCookies. We use FunctionalCookies to save your settings on the Site—settings such as your languagepreference, or booking information you have previously used when booking ahotel with us. We also use Functional Cookies to store such things as thelast hotel you searched for, so you can easily find it the next time youvisit. Some Functional Cookies are essential to viewing maps or videos onour Site. We also use "Flash Cookies" for some of our animatedcontent.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies allow us and other advertisers to showyou the most relevant products, offers, and advertisements on the Site andthird-party sites. For example, some Advertising Cookies help our serviceproviders and other advertisers select advertisements that are based onyour interests including those expressed or inferred across websites andonline services and over time. Others help prevent the same advertisementfrom continuously reappearing for you. These types of Cookies also help usprovide you with content on the Site that is tailored to your interests and needs.
Advertising Cookies also include Social Plug-In Cookies and Analytics Cookies. Social Plug-In Cookies are used to share content from the Site with members and non-members of social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. These Cookies are usually set by the social networking provider, enabling such sharing to be smooth and seamless. Analytics Cookies collect information about your use of the Site, and enable us to improve the way it works. These Cookies provide us with aggregated information on metrics such as the most frequently visited pages on the Site, help us record any difficulties you had with the Site, help us monitor how our visitors reach the Site, and show us whether advertising by us or others is effective or not. This also allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, rather than just the usage of a single person.
We distinguish between session Cookies and persistent Cookies.
- Session Cookies. These types of Cookies are stored only temporarilyduring a browsing session, and are deleted from your device when you closethe browser. We use session Cookies to support the functionality of the Siteand to understand your use of the Site—that is, which pages you visit,which links you use and how long you stay on each page.
- Persistent Cookies: These types ofCookies are not deleted when you close your browser, but are saved on yourdevice for a fixed period of time or until you delete them. Each time youvisit the Site, the server that set the Cookie will recognize thepersistent Cookie saved on your device. We and others use persistent Cookiesto store your preferences, so that they are available for your next visit,to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Site, how oftenyou return, how your use of the Site may vary over time and theeffectiveness of advertising efforts.
Other Technologies may also be used, allowing us and third parties to know when you visit the Site, and to understand how you interact with emails or advertisements. Through Other Technologies, non-personal information or aggregate information (i.e., your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you came from) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. Note that, to the extent information collected through Cookies and Other Information constitutes personal information, the provisions in the Global Privacy Statement apply and complement this Statement.
We and third parties engage in interest-based advertising provided by vendors in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third-party vendors are using Cookies or Other Technologies to perform these services for Hilton or others, Hilton does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information, and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. Ads may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behavior (on Hilton and non-Hilton sites), your search activity, your geographic location or other information. For example, if you go to the Site to book a hotel room, you may later see an advertisement from us when you visit another website. These ads may appear on our sites, third-party websites or on mobile platforms. You may also see advertisements for third parties on the Site, other websites or properties, or mobile, based on your visits to, and activities on, the Site, other sites and mobile. Third parties may use technologies to track your activities over time and across mobile apps to deliver you advertising and content that may be of interest to you. Some of our vendors and we may use anonymous data, such as demographic data received from third parties, to assist in the delivery of our advertisements to you. As stated in our Global Privacy Statement, in some instances we may combine Other Information with personal information. If we do combine any Other Information with personal information, the provisions in the Global Privacy Statement apply and complement this Statement
If you want to remove or block Cookies from your device at any time, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser's "help" menu to learn how to remove or block Cookies). Hilton is not responsible for your browser settings. You can find good and simple instructions on how to manage Cookies on the different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also find a good summary of how to manage Flash Cookies at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Please be aware that rejecting Cookies may affect your ability to perform certain transactions on the Site, and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
If you want to clean out all of the Cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download three programs that clean out tracking Cookies:
As stated above, we may modify this Policy from time to time. To help you track the most significant changes, we will include a history of changes, below, so that you are aware of modifications to our Policy.
Last Update: September, 2014
- Updated to reflect that we may combine Hilton and third party Cookies with offlineinformation from or about you for purposes of advertising.
- Updated to add language to reflect that Hilton and third parties may use technologiesto track your activities over time and across sites and apps to deliveradvertising and content that may be of interest to you.
- Updated to add a link to the Cookie Consent Manager in the Statement.