HiltonThe global leader in hospitality with more than 530 hotels & resorts across six continents.
WaldorfThe luxury brand offering a unique service experience and the world’s landmark hotels.
ConradA world of style, service and connection for today’s sophisticated traveler.
CanopyCanopy is the fresh, neighborhood hotel that delivers a positive stay.
Curio CollectionA collection of unique hotels appealing to travelers seeking local discovery.
Double TreeWarm. Comfortable. Smart. The hotel that turns travel into a human experience again.
Embassy SuitesEnjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and more at our upscale all-suite hotels.
Hilton Garden InnTreat yourself with amenities that help you work smarter, eat well, sleep deeply and stay fit.
Hampton InnCount on Hampton to deliver quality, value, consistency and service with a smile.
Tru by HiltonA revolutionary new brand that is simplified, spirited and grounded in value for guests with a zest for life and a desire for human connection.
Homewood SuitesWhether you’re traveling for a few nights or a few months, you can Make Yourself at Home®.
Home2 SuitesIntroducing Home2 Suites by Hilton® – an all-suite brand of extended stay hotels.
Hilton Grand VacationsEnjoy all of the benefits of owning your own vacation home – with none of the hassles.
- Hilton HHonors Worldwide
Call 1-800-HHONORS (+1-800-446-6677) 24 hours a day, 7 days for hotel reservations or any questions you may have. For international telephone numbers, click 'Get Support' below.
Hilton Worldwide, Inc.
Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Technologies
Last Updated: May 2015
This Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Technologies (this "Statement") describes the different types of Cookies and Other Technologies that may be used in connection with the websites and apps owned and controlled by Hilton Worldwide, Inc. ("Hilton," "we," or "us") from which you are accessing this Statement (the "Site"). This Statement also describes how you can manage Cookies and Other Technologies.
We may change this Statement at any time. Please take a look at the "LAST UPDATED" section at the top of this page to see when this Statement was last revised. Any changes in this Statement will become effective when we make the revised Statement available on or through the Site.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22102, USA.
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
- Our Collection and Use of Other Information
- Online and Mobile Advertising
- Managing Cookies and Other Technologies
- Policy Modifications
Our Collection and Use of Other Information
- Remember your user name and password for future visits so that log-in is easier and faster;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Ensure you obtain all requested information;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use the Site, and how they use it, so that we may keep it running quickly and efficiently; and
- Help us and others deliver communications and content to you that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Below we explain the different types of Cookies that may be used on the Site. Please note that at this time we do not honor Do Not Track and similar signals.
- Required Cookies. Required Cookies are necessary for the Site to work, and enable you to move around it and use its services and features. Disabling these Cookies will encumber the Site's performance, and may make the services and features unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. We use Functional Cookies to save your settings on the Site—settings such as your language preference, or booking information you have previously used when booking a hotel with us. We also use Functional Cookies to store such things as the last hotel you searched for, so you can easily find it the next time you visit. Some Functional Cookies are essential to viewing maps or videos on our Site. We also use "Flash Cookies" for some of our animated content.
- Advertising Cookies and Other Technologies. Advertising Cookies and Other Tchnologies allow us and other advertisers to show you the most relevant products, offers, and advertisements on the Site and third-party sites, or through emails or other messages. For example, some Advertising Cookies and Other Technologies help our service providers and other advertisers select advertisements that are based on your interests including those expressed or inferred across websites, online services, and apps over time. Others help prevent the same advertisement from continuously reappearing for you. These types of Cookies and Other Technologies also help us provide you with content on the Site that is tailored to your interests and needs. As noted below, some Analytics Cookies and Other Technologies are used in part to facilitate advertising.
- Advertising Cookies also include Social Plug-In Cookies and Analytics Cookies. Social Plug-In Cookies are used to share content from the Site with members and non-members of social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. These Cookies are usually set by the social networking provider, enabling such sharing to be smooth and seamless.
- Analytics Cookies and Other Technologies collect information about your use of the Site, and enable us to improve the way it works. These Cookies and Other Technologies provide us with aggregated information on metrics such as the most frequently visited pages on the Site, help us record any difficulties you had with the Site, help us monitor how our visitors reach the Site, and show us whether advertising, including email advertising and other messaging, by us or others is effective or not, and whether it can be used to inform our advertising decisions. For example, if we see a user has clicked on one of our emails or ads on the Site or elsewhere and come to one of our pages, we may be able to direct advertising to that user based on this behavior. This also allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site and emails, rather than just the usage of a single person.
We distinguish between session Cookies and persistent Cookies.
- Session Cookies. These types of Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session, and are deleted from your device when you close the browser. We use session Cookies to support the functionality of the Site and to understand your use of the Site—that is, which pages you visit, which links you use and how long you stay on each page.
- Persistent Cookies: These types of Cookies are not deleted when you close your browser, but are saved on your device for a fixed period of time or until you delete them. Each time you visit the Site, the server that set the Cookie will recognize the persistent Cookie saved on your device. We and others use persistent Cookies to store your preferences, so that they are available for your next visit, to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Site, how often you return, how your use of the Site may vary over time and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Other Technologies may also be used, allowing us and third parties to know when you visit the Site, and to understand how you interact with emails or advertisements. Through Other Technologies, non-personal information or aggregate information (i.e., your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you came from) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. Note that, to the extent information collected through Cookies and Other Information constitutes personal information, the provisions in the Global Privacy Statement apply and complement this Statement. Please note that at this time we do not honor Do Not Track and similar signals.
Online and Mobile Advertising; Mobile Apps
We and third parties engage in interest-based advertising provided by vendors in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third-party vendors are using Cookies or Other Technologies to perform these services for Hilton or others, Hilton does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information, and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. Ads, emails, and other messages may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behavior (on Hilton and non-Hilton sites), your search activity, your geographic location or other information. For example, if you go to the Site to book a hotel room, you may later see an advertisement from us when you visit another website. These ads may appear on our sites, third-party websites or on mobile platforms. You may also see advertisements for third parties on the Site, other websites or properties, or mobile, based on your visits to, and activities on, the Site, other sites and mobile. Some of our vendors and we may use anonymous data, such as demographic data received from third parties, or intent information (such as travel intent information) to assist in the delivery of our advertisements to you. As stated in our Global Privacy Statement, in some instances we may combine Other Information with personal information. If we do combine any Other Information with personal information, the provisions in the Global Privacy Statement apply and complement this Statement.
Managing Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to remove or block Cookies from your device at any time, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser's "help" menu to learn how to remove or block Cookies). Hilton is not responsible for your browser settings. You can find good and simple instructions on how to manage Cookies on the different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also find a good summary of how to manage Flash Cookies at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Please be aware that rejecting Cookies may affect your ability to perform certain transactions on the Site, and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
If you want to clean out all of the Cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download three programs that clean out tracking Cookies:
In Europe only: If you are based in Europe, you also can adjust your Cookie preferences through adjusting the Cookie Settings through the Cookie Consent Manager, which can be found here: Cookie Preferences.
Hilton Worldwide Cookies Statement Revisions
As stated above, we may modify this Policy from time to time. To help you track the most significant changes, we will include a history of changes, below, so that you are aware of modifications to our Policy.
Last Update: May 2015
- Updated to reflect that we may combine Hilton and third party Cookies with offline information from or about you for purposes of advertising.
- Updated to add language to reflect that Hilton and third parties may use technologies to track your activities over time and across sites and apps to deliver advertising and content that may be of interest to you.
- Updated to include a link to the Cookie Consent Manager in Europe.